Development Director Job Description
Reporting to and in partnership with the President of Designing Dreams, the Development Director
(Director) will spearhead development efforts as Designing Dreams continues to grow. A new position
in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function in
collaboration with the board and volunteer staff. This position is a part-time position with the potential
to transition to a full-time for additional years.
● Develop and execute Designing Dream's annual fundraising plan in collaboration with the
● Serve as chair of the Fundraising Committee.
● Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
● Manage donor entry for QuickBooks as well as personal thank you note send outs.
● Create new and foster existing relationships with major donors, companies, foundations, etc.
● Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
● Oversee organization of special events.
● Develop a plan for Designing Dreams establishment in new states.
● Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
● Collaborate with the marketing committee on marketing development, strategy, and campaigns.
The position will manage fundraising, marketing campaigns, donor communication, and donor database
The ideal candidate will have:
● Demonstrated fundraising and business development experience with demonstrated ability to
meet fundraising quotas. One or more years of experience in a fundraising setting is a plus.
● Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
● Excellent verbal, written presentation and active listening skills.
● Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management capabilities, including project
management of special events, direct mail campaigns, annual campaigns, and donor database.
● Strong understanding of brand management and integrated marketing.
● Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
● Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
etc.) to include proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing, database and technical
● Experience with the QuickBooks data entry or a related program preferred.
● Experience in grant writing helpful.
● BA (required), MA (a plus).
● Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
● Passion for pediatric or oncology causes.
● Team player as well as the ability to work independently.
● This position will NOT be an employee of Designing Dreams, thus any applicant will need to be
self employed or have the ability to be self employed.